Look below the table for additional information.
Long Race: Table
Among the most ancient of dragonkind, predated perhaps only by the wyrms themselves, the Long are one of the most intelligent and socially advanced of the dragon races. Unlike their northern cousins, the Argovian dragons have a more stratified social culture. Found mostly on Terumahilana and some of the smaller surrounding islands, the Long have had centuries to create a society of 12 specialized clans. Collectively these clans are called the Clans of Long, Long being the traditional first Argovian dragon. The 12 Clans can be further divided into 4 seperate subsets: fighters, light, darkness, and neutral.
- Li: The Li Clan are fierce warriors. They are very success-oriented and failure is hardly an option. They are a small clan but are respected and renowned for their skill in battle.
- Lao: The Lao warriors are reclusive and somewhat secretive. They allow few into their territory and those that travel outwards are probably outcasts and do not show their faces to outsiders. Exiled Lao often live a life of hermitage or commit suicide.
- Hsu: The Hsu are not as militant as the Lao or Li but are still bound by a strict code of conduct. They are very knightly in their virtues and beliefs. They can be hired for their services but if they ever deem a task unworthy or unjust they're likely to leave or turn on you. This is the only clan that permits women warriors.
The Hsu seem to be split into divisions based on the four directions of the Wind. The Eastern Division is deeply rooted into the old culture and honor of Tou Dei Gung and Lanese-ness.The Western Division has their beliefs and honor rooted in the ways of more Foreign countries such as Doma or Baron, however it is treated as honor all the same. The Southern Division is one who tends to act before they think, and a more loud and rambunctious of the group. They tend to wear their emotions out on their sleeves and let people know what they think. The Northern Division is bigger on the strategy and thinking things through and what not. Probably more of the mages of the Winds. Support groups, infirmary may be in their quarter.
- Shen: Diviners, healers, and monks, the Shen clan are dedicated completely to mastering the art of magic and the supernatural. They believe in the balance of good and evil but nonetheless, attempt to control the amount of evil allowed to exist. Their greatest enemies are the Tsung.
- Min: The Min clan are a powerful clan of summoners, polymorphists, and clerics of the healing and purifying arts. They are pacifists.
- Fa: The Fa are monks and scholars. Many of the Wei, Wong, and Yu clans send their children to Fa run schools to be taught the fundamentals of learning.
- Chen: The shadow warriors of the Long. They are almost exclusively shadow dragons and are mostly assassins and thieves. They are probably the most hated clan and given the least respect.
- Tsung: Summoners of darker things, time mages, and a portal masters, the Tsung are quite powerful and challenged only by the Shen clan in strength.
- Liu: The Liu Clan consists mainly of assassins, mercenaries, and 'ninja'. They are more respected than the Chen since they are percieved as more 'productive' than the self-serving Chen.
- Wei: The Wei clan is the closest to peasantry as the Long clans go. They are the largest clan but do little more than agricultural work.
- Wong: The Wong are also scholars and teachers.They are somewhat travelers and philosphers but tend to be very abstract and hard to understand. They speak an entirely different dialect then most other Long Clans.
- Yu: The Yu are merchants, artists, and entertainers. They are generally accepted in the presence of all the clans being the most neutral of the neutral clans.
See dragon#the Rai.
All artwork by Nekogami unless otherwise noted.